Communities Mental Health and Wellbeing Fund for Adults YEAR 3 - Now OPEN … Voluntary Action Shetland (VAS) is delighted to launch the third year of the Communities Health and Wellbeing Fund for Adults on behalf of the Scottish Government on Friday 29th September 2023.
Voluntary Action Shetland is Shetland's third sector interface.
OUR VISION is to be a Strong, Sustainable and Valued Asset for Shetland, playing a leading role in Championing and Supporting Community Needs. OUR MISSION is to Support, Represent and Develop Community and Voluntary Action in Shetland.
To be a central source of knowledge about
- The Third Sector Locally.
- Local and National Policy and how it might affect the Third Sector, communities and citizens.
- How the Third Sector can contribute to those agendas.
To be the Voice
- Ensuring a strong Third Sector Voice at a Strategic Level within Local Planning Structures and Nationally.
To Build Capacity
- Developing the capacity of volunteering, community groups, voluntary organisations and social enterprise to achieve positive change.
- Providing Leadership, vision and co-ordinator to the Local Third Sector to better respond to local priorities, including through partnership and collaboration.
What we do
- Third Sector Voice
- Third Sector Hub
- Independent Charities - Tenancies
- Meeting Facilities
- Admin - One stop shop
- Payroll and Accounts
- Independent Examination of Accounts
- Funding Distribution
- Saltire Awards
- VAS Volunteering Awards
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Volunteering for All National Framework
- Advice and Support
- Organisation Development
- Training/Funding Support
- Charity Law - OSCR
- Peer Educators / Peer Mentors
- Da Cafe
- Peer Research
- Carers Support
- Carers’ Strategy
- Virtual Carers
- Short Breaks Grants
Shetland Befriending Scheme
- Children and Young People
- 16+ Adults
- 60+ Adults Dementia
- Business Managers
Community groups, organisations and services across Shetland are being encouraged to upload their contact information to the new Community Directory before its launch in the coming months.