Shetland Community Climate Champions: Shetland Community Organisations have the opportunity to gain key skills in Understanding and Responding to Climate Change
Voluntary Action Shetland is Shetland's third sector interface.
OUR VISION is to be a Strong, Sustainable and Valued Asset for Shetland, playing a leading role in Championing and Supporting Community Needs. OUR MISSION is to Support, Represent and Develop Community and Voluntary Action in Shetland.
To be a central source of knowledge about
- The Third Sector Locally.
- Local and National Policy and how it might affect the Third Sector, communities and citizens.
- How the Third Sector can contribute to those agendas.
To be the Voice
- Ensuring a strong Third Sector Voice at a Strategic Level within Local Planning Structures and Nationally.
To Build Capacity
- Developing the capacity of volunteering, community groups, voluntary organisations and social enterprise to achieve positive change.
- Providing Leadership, vision and co-ordinator to the Local Third Sector to better respond to local priorities, including through partnership and collaboration.
What we do
- Third Sector Voice
- Advice and Support
- Organisation Development
- Training/Funding Support
- Charity Law - OSCR
- Payroll and Accounts
- Independent Examination of Accounts
- Funding Distribution
- Saltire Awards
- VAS Volunteering Awards
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Volunteering for All National Framework
- Carers Support
- Carers’ Strategy
- Virtual Carers
- Short Breaks Grants
- Third Sector Hub
- Independent Charities - Tenancies
- Meeting Facilities
- Admin - One stop shop
Shetland Befriending Scheme
- Children and Young People
- 16+ Adults
- 60+ Adults Dementia
Trustees’ Week is a time for us to come together to celebrate the achievements of trustees across Scotland and the rest of the UK and the role they have in governing charities. Thank you for the time, commitment and effort you bring to your charities to help them thrive!