Voluntary Action Shetland (VAS) needs to gather and use certain information about individuals. These can include customers, organisations, volunteers, employees, business contacts and other people the organisation has a relationship with or may need to contact.
WHAT WE COLLECT
- We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to our services or customer surveys
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with the service you require, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Service management
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send information which we think you may find interesting using the contact information which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes
- We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests
- We may use it to publicise our services
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We may also share some of your personal data with, or obtain your personal data from, the following categories of third parties in order to provide the service you have requested from us:
VAS Volunteering – information is shared between volunteers and volunteer involving organisations in order to find a best match for both.
Award Nominations - Information is shared with the judges and to promote the awards.
Shetland Befriending Scheme share information with referrers and with GIRFEC partners.
Shetland Carers share information with GIRFEC partners.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
REQUESTING ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have a right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you. If you would like to request a copy of your personal data, or if you have a question in relation to your personal data please contact us:
Telephone at 01595 743900 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Voluntary Action Shetland, Market House, 14 Market St, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0JP